NCPD, NUDOR AND JUMELAGE OF RHINELAND-PALATINATE PROMOTE THE PARTNERSHIP OF INCLUSION
On October 2014 Rwanda and Rhineland Palatinate signed the Memorandum of Understanding around improving inclusion. In order to progress the MoU 13 October 2016, the two parties are organizing a one day workshop to articulate their intention to support the measures and activities promoting the welfare of Persons with Disabilities in the partnership.
THE MoU IS COMPOSED BY 8 GUIDELINES
Exchange the experience and best practices in the implementation of Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, in relation to the execution of strategic and action plans as well as an effective monitoring mechanism of the convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- To place a specific focus on needs and equal rights of girls and women in all activities,
- To implement education and training programs for teachers and support students with disabilities to be involved in vocational training and education programs,
- To encourage schools to cooperate directly with the goal of achieving inclusive education,
- To encourage direct partnership and exchange programs of rehabilitation centers, especially for Children with Disabilities,
- To support directly partnership and exchange activities between organizations for people within Rwanda and Rhineland Palatinate,
- The partnership will promote the participation in cultur, life, recreation, leisure and sports,
- Through the media and information activities, the partners undertake to increase awareness of inclusion and equal rights for People with Disabilities as being a matter of human rights for People with Disabilities and a cross sectional task .
Mathias RÖsch, Advisory Committee for the participation of People with Disabilities Rhineland Palatinate said that this joint partnership will work in the disability movement both at a strategic and operational level once every three years. He added that a group of experts together with representatives from the signing organizations will follow and evaluate the effective implementation of the operational plans.